No Parsi wedding is complete without some Lagan Nu Custard. The iconic Parsi dessert is sweet, rich, creamy and easy to make. The gorgeous caramelised treat is very light to eat and every bite is soft and delicious.
Milk 1.5 l
Condensed Milk 1 l
Sugar 50 g
Sugar (To Caramelize) 25 g
Eggs (Beaten) 6 no
Vanilla Essence 7 ml
Almonds (Chopped) 85 g
Pistachios (Chopped) 85 g
Cardamom Powder 7 g
- Boil the milk in a pan on medium heat for 15 minutes. Add sugar and condensed milk.
- To caramelize the sugar, cook it in a pan on slow heat till it turns brown.
- Once the sugar is caramelized, add cooked milk to the pan and stir till dissolved.
- Take the mixture off the stove and keep aside to cool.
- Once the milk cools down, add eggs and vanilla essence.
- Pour the mixture in an oven-proof dish.
- Garnish with almonds, pistachios and cardamom or any candied dry fruit as per your preference.
- Bake the dish in a pre-heated oven at 350F/180C for 90 minutes till the top turns light brown.
- Serve chilled.