Red Velvet Pancake
- Refined Flour 100 gms
- Granulated Sugar 50 gms
- Baking Powder 5 gms
- Baking Soda 2 gms
- Salt 5 gms
- Egg 1 no
- Reduced-fat Buttermilk or Lowfat Milk 250 ml
- Unsalted Butter, Melted 30 gms
- Vanilla Extract 15 ml
- Red Food Coloring 5 gms
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and stir well.
- Whisk egg, buttermilk, butter, vanilla extract and food coloring together in a large bowl.
- Add to flour mixture and stir to combine. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes (this produces soft pancakes).
- Heat nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. Brush with a little oil or butter. Add a small ladle full batter onto the griddle. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on top. Flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Use the oil brushed cutters for a fancy shape and pour inside the cutter.
- Serve them warm, dusted with powdered sugar and melted butter and maple syrup on the side. Garnish with fresh seasonal berries on the top.