Mishti Doi or sweet yoghurt is one of the most famous Bengali sweets. It is traditionally, served in earthen pots that soak up the loose water and give it a rich sweet taste that’s hard to resist. To help you add a unique flavor to this festive season, we bring you the recipe of this Bengal delicacy that can be easily made at home.
- 1000 ml full cream milk
- 250 g sugar
- 50 g thick curd (preferably homemade)
- Chopped pistachios for garnishing
- Bring the milk to a boil and then keep on simmer on medium heat to cook and reduce.
- Stir constantly to avoid burning at the base or sides.
- Reduce 1/3 of the content.
- Add sugar and cook further for 15 min till the colour changes to a golden brown hue.
- Keep aside to cool till warm to touch.
- Add the curd and mix well.
- Keep it covered in a warm place without disturbing for 4-6 hours till it sets.
- Garnish with pistachios and serve chilled.
- Best consumed within 24 hours of setting.