- For the Squids
- 400 g squid rings cleaned (may add tentacles if preferred)
- 20 g chopped garlic
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 10 g chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Freshly crushed black pepper
- 2 lemons cut into wedges
- To coat
- 50 g refined flour
- 50 g corn starch
- 1 no egg
- 1 pinch sodium bicarbonate
- Refined oil to deep fry
- For the dip
- 150 g mayonnaise
- 25 g chopped garlic
- 10 ml lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the dip, mix together mayonnaise, garlic and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill till service.
- Marinate the squids with lemon juice, salt, pepper, parsley and garlic.
- Refrigerate the marinated squids for atleast an hour or until completely chilled.
- To coat mix flour, corn flour, egg and soda bicarbonate together.
- Toss the marinated squids in the seasoned flour until well coated.
- Heat oil in heavybased pan. Fry the coated squids until golden brown and crisp.
- Drain on kitchen absorbent paper for excess oil.
- Serve hot with the chilled dip and lemon wedges.