Banana Halwa (Kellim Halwa)
Yield – 12 Servings
- 6 big ripe bananas
- ½ tsp. cardamom powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp. ghee (clarified butter)
- Peel and cut bananas into ¼ inch thin round slices.
- Mix with sugar and keep aside for 4 to 5 hours.
- Keep a deep pan and cook banana over low heat until they become soft and syrupy.
- Add ghee and cardamom powder.
- Mix well and turn off the stove.
- Serve with bread or chappati.
Note- The halwa lasts for about 3 days. If it is stored in a refrigerator, it lasts for about 10 to 12 days. It is preferable to have the slice fried in the butter after the first step and then follow the remaining steps. If that is done the halwa lasts for more days